Community Peace Action Network Entries for week 3
14th August 2016
- Sheikh Yusuf Sambo Rigachikun of the Kaduna State chapter of the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria (SCSN) called for the banning of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN).
- 6 farmers were killed by unknown armed gunmen on their farm in Godogogo community in Kafanchan Local government of Kaduna state
15th August 2016
- A man was kidnapped by armed gunmen and his son injured in Layi village in Kaku Layi community in Chikun Local Government of Kaduna state
- The Commissioner of Police cautioned the general public on increased cases of rape of minors reported in rural communities in Katsina state. He stressed that no fewer than 30 cases of rape is reported monthly
- Over 20 shops were burnt down in a midnight inferno in Kakuri main market in Kaduna state.
16th August 2016
- The corpse of a herbalist was found in his shrine in Buruku community in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna state
- A man was kidnapped by armed gunmen in Dumbin Dutse community in Igabi Local Government of Kaduna state
- 2 persons were killed in their farm by armed gunmen in Unguwar Ayaba community in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna state
17th August 2016
· A primary school teacher from Tashar- icce, Faskari Local Government Area of Katsina state was arraigned at a senior magistrate court for the rape of 7 girls who are about 9 years old
19th August 2016
- A Pastor from Anjoh community in Godogodo was killed on his wayhome by unidentified gunmen in Jema'a LGA of Kaduna State.